Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Vina Galana Alicante Bouchet

Name: Vina Galana Alicante Bouchet
Region/Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $15-- Sale $9.95

Winery Review: From the rare Alicante Bouchet, one of the few grapes in the world with red flesh this wine has a plush texture carrying flavors of brandied cherry and chocolate ganache in this round red. Light tannins and gentle acidity impart a lovely, balanced structure.

My Review: The first thing that came to my mind when I gave it a little sniff was broccoli!! Even though I have learned from this class that red one is often associated with broccoli, this was my first time that I actually smelled broccoli in red wine. Despite the smell, it actually did not taste anything like broccoli or greeny, and it was rather smoky or campfire-like. Overall, it was not too bad and I would love to pair it with a dish or even chocolate. I tasted this on its own with no food. I would give this wine an 81. 

No comments:

Post a Comment