Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Tonnino Syrah

Name: Tonnino Syrah
Region/Country: Sicily, Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $14-- Sale $7.95

Winery Review: An intense red color. Aromas of violet and blackcurrant enriched by hints of licorice and black pepper. In the mouth it is full, round, slightly tannic an with a spicy note on the finish. 

My Review: This wine looked almost like water with a couple drops of red/burgundy food dye in it. It was pretty much like transparent red. This wine had a strong clove flavor mixed with tobacco and perhaps licorice-- two of the things I particularly dislike. I think that this wine would taste a lot better when paired with a meal but after tasting it on its own and how unpleasant it was, I am not sure if I would give this one another try. I would give this wine a 79.

No comments:

Post a Comment