Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Dom Michel Thomas Sancerre Rose

Name: Dom Michel Thomas Sancerre Rose
Region/Country: Loire, France
Year: 2013
Price: $32-- Sale $8.95

Winery Review: Bright orange-pink. Lively, mineral-tinged aromas of fresh red berries, orange peel, and honeysuckle, with a hint of anise building in the grass. Dry and nervy in the mouth, offering vibrant strawberry and orange pith flavors and a suggestion of rose pastille. The floral element comes back on the finish, which lingers with very good spicy persistence. 

My Review: As a first wine to taste for this set of tastings, I found it to be pretty enjoyable. It had bright coral-like color. I tasted the citrus-like flavor, perhaps lemon peel or orange peel. It was definitely very sour and acidic. The high acidity content left my mouth watery and I would have loved to taste a little more afterwards. I would be interested in pairing this rose wine with food. I tasted it on its own with no food. I would give this wine an 87. 

No comments:

Post a Comment