Friday, February 19, 2016

Tasting - Codirosso Chianti

Name: Codirosso Chianti
Region/Country: Tuscany, Italy
Year: 2014 
Price: $13-- Sale $7.95

Winery Review: Ruby red color with purple reflections. Intense vinous bouquet with hints of violets and dark cherry fruit. The flavor is full of ripe fruit and a hint of spice. It is well balanced and dry. The finish is persistent and satisfying. 

My Review: Woah, the first thing that came to my mind as soon as I sniffed it was soy sauce. Underneath the soy saucey smell, I also smelled a hint of alcohol, but it actually did not bother me when I tasted it. I expected it to be bitter and oaky, but that was not the case with this red wine. There was a hint of peppery flavor to it as well. It was not dry and I actually liked this wine! I would give this an 86. I tasted it on its own this time but I would love to pair it with a dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment