Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Riebeek Cellars Viognier

Name: Riebeek Cellars Viognier
Region/Country: Swartland, South Africa
Year: 2015
Price: $12-- Sale $7.95

Winery Review: This is a luscious viognier, featuring a deep yellow color, that explodes with juicy peach and honeysuckle flavors. Viognier can easily become flabby, but this one manages to keep its figure within bounds. I recommend this for immediate, lip-smacking enjoyment. 

My Review: This white wine had a very interesting scent, but I could not quite grasp it other than something mixed with white grapes. It was not too fruity like other white wines I have tasted. It was very smooth on the tongue, even though it was super sour. The acidity left my mouth very moist afterwards. This was not quite up my alley but I wonder if it will taste better paired with food. I tasted this on its own with no food this time. I would give this wine an 82. 

No comments:

Post a Comment