Friday, February 19, 2016

Tasting - Palacio de Bornos Verdejo

Name: Palacio de Bornos Verdejo
Region/Country: Rueda, Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $12-- Sale $5.95

Winery Review: Zetsy and clean, with pure grapefruit and passion fruit aromas. It's charged up but perfectly balanced, with bright, focused citrus and pineapple flavors. Lemony acidity keeps the finish rolling, then throw in some chive and fresh greens and you have a spot-on Verdejo (89 pt.-- Wine Enthusiast)

My Review: This wine had a very deep golden color and had a very floral scent to it. It was actually pretty bitter for a white wine and there was a clear flavor of grapefruit that kicked in as I swirled it inside the mouth. There was also a hint of rose-like flavor that made the bitterness a little more tolerable. I tasted this on its own with not food. It was not quite my type of white wine. I would give it an 83. 

No comments:

Post a Comment