Friday, February 19, 2016

Tasting - Indwe Pinotage

Name: Indwe Pinotage
Region/Country: South Africa
Year: 2013
Price: $12-- Sale $5.95

Winery Review: A disclaimer: I have never cared much for Pinotage, the indigenous South African grape variety, but this 2013 Pinotage from Indwe, named after the country's national bird, the blue crane, comes across like a light Pinot Noir. Subtle notes of cherries, spice, and forest floor are followed by a round, light to medium-bodied, pure, seductive, well-crafted wine (Robert Parker).

My Review: There was an instant kick of dirt-like smell in this wine. It had very earthy and funky smell and flavors. This wine was definitely not up my alley. It was considerably dry and it left a really strange sensation on the tongue. I tasted a hint of black cherry in this red wine. I would give this wine an 78. I tasted it on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment