Friday, March 25, 2016

Tasting - Tonnino Pinot Grigio

Name: Tonnino Pinot Grigio
Region/Country: Sicily, Italy
Year: 2014
Price: $14-- Sale $7.95

Winery Review: Tonnino's exotic example of Pinot Grigio has a straw to pale gold color. It is fresh and clean on the nose with fruity notes of pear, green apple, and white peaches. The palate is true to the nose with a fresh acidity, coriander, and lime notes followed by a crisp finish. This wine pairs well with youthful aperitifs, clams, or mussels, pastas, and risotto dishes. 

My Review: This white wine had a clear scent of white peach and apricot on the nose. It had a high level of acidity and it made me want some more. The peach flavor was exploding inside my mouth and it was very refreshing.  I tasted this wine on its own with no food. I would give it an 87. I would love to pair this wine with a dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment