Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tasting - Siema Vino Rosso: Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo

Name: Siema Vino Rosso: Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo
Region/Country: Piemonte, Italy
Year: N/A
Price: $10-- Sale $6.95

Winery Review: Intense ruby red with soft garnet nuances in the glass, the Rosso is intriguingly fresh, fruity, and spicy on the nose. Perfectly round and balanced, the wine is particularly soft and dry. Pair with simple dishes like fresh cheese, ham, salami, or pizza for a divine culinary experience. 

My Review: This red had a beautiful ruby color, with a hint of green pepper and clove on the nose. It was not too tannic, which did not make my mouth too dry with strange textures. There was also a hint of mint on the pallet, which made this red interesting. Although I tasted this on its own with no food this time, I would love to pair it with ham or pizza! I would give this wine an 86. 

No comments:

Post a Comment