Saturday, March 12, 2016

Tasting - Concannon Pinot Grigio Glen Ellen Reserve


Name: Concannon Pinot Grigio Glen Ellen Reserve
Region/Country: Livermore, California
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95















Winery Review: This Pinot Grigio bursts with flavors and aromas of citrus, melon, and apple. With a clean, crisp finish, this wine is a perfect partner with grilled salmon and pasta with pesto. Serve chilled. 

My Review: Compared to other Pinot Grigios I have had, this one gave out a lot more fruity component, such as green apple and grapefruit. It felt smooth on the tongue even without food but when it was paired with a dish, it brought out even more flavors and aromas. I had this wine with grilled salmon, 16-grain rice, kale with garlic, and a spinach salad. I would give this wine an 89. This was the wine that was recommended at Vintage Cellar when I told them I was grilling salmon for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment