Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tasting - Bolla Bardolino Magnum

Name: Bolla Bardolino Magnum
Region/Country: Bardolino, Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $18-- Sale $9.95

Winery Review: A blend of 60% Corvina, 30% Rondinella, 10% Molinara, this bright ruby red wine has hints of black cherry on the nose. It is soft and fruit-forward, with black-fruit flavors followed by a bright and fresh finish. Serve it as the Italians do-- young and lightly chilled. Pairs perfectly with fleshy fish, beef, lamb, red-sauced pastas and pizza. 

My Review: The first thing that came to my mind was canned tuna-- it reminded me of a tuna sandwich. I also smelled a little bit of an oaky component. The taste was not at all strong: there was no hint of tuna at all. It was very light, as if it were water-down. There was a hint of black cherry on the finish. I would give this wine an 84. I tasted this wine on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment