Saturday, March 12, 2016

Tasting - Kirkland Signature Malbec

Name: Kirkland Signature Malbec
Region/Country: Mendoza, Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $6.99

Winery Review: Garnet black color. Mild aromas and flavors of waxy honeycomb, cassis jam, and chocolate orange peels with a satiny, bright, fruity medium body and a tingling, charming, breezy finish that shows notes of roasted citrus and earth with crunchy tannins and light oak. A enjoyable and versatile everyday red. 

My Review: Compared to other red wines I have had, this red was very smooth on the tongue and I had no trouble with it on its own. It was pretty musty on the nose with a hint of citrus and berries. Although there was a hint of earthiness in the flavor, it was not too strong and very much enjoyable. I would give this wine an 88. I tried this wine on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment