Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tasting - Bricco dei Tati Cortese

Name: Bricco dei Tati Cortese
Region/Country: Piemonte, Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $10-- Sale $6.95

Winery Review: Great Value! Treat this terrific little white like a red: Don't chill it too much, then let it open for a half-hour to develop its enticing tropical fruit flavors. It's dry, but the fruit gives an appealing illusion of sweetness. Great as an aperitif or with light seafood dishes. -The Washington Post

My Review: There was a hint of soy sauce on the nose in this white wine, which was unusual. There seemed to be not much fruity component on the bouquet, but I tasted tropical fruity on the palate. It was a bit too water-down for my liking. It was not too tannic but it was also not too acidic either. I would give this wine an 83. I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment