Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tasting - Castello Sonnino Chianti Montespertoli

Name: Castello Sonnino Chianti Montespertoli
Region/Country: Chianti, Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $15-- Sale $8.95

Winery Review: A blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano, and Malvasia del Chianti. Rich and modern, with dark, saturated color and aromas of graham cracker and lemon rind. A juicy palate packed with plum and raspberry is carried by a creamy texture that's rather toasty in terms of flavor. The finish is round, full, and chocolaty. 

My Review: There was a hint of broccoli mixed with plum and berries on the nose with this red wine. There was a velvety flavor and it reminded me of dark chocolate. It was highly tannic and it made my mouth dry. I tasted this wine on its own with no food. I would give this wine an 84. 

No comments:

Post a Comment