Thursday, March 3, 2016

Tasting - Dona Sol Shiraz, Petite Syrah, & Symphony

Name: Dona Sol Shiraz, Petite Syrah, & Symphony
Region/Country: California, USA
Year: N/A
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: Shiraz has a unique jammy fruit character that is well represented in the Sweet Red. Both on the nose and on the palate, jammy fruit, like strawberries, cherry pie, and red licorice, entices that senses and pair well with cheeses and desserts. 

My Review: Out of all the wines we tasted last in every Thursday tasting, this one was my least favorite. Although it had some fruity component, such as strawberry, both on the nose and in the flavor, it was pretty much like sugary water. It was excessively sweet for my liking and I would give this wine an 80. I tasted it on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment