Thursday, March 3, 2016

Tasting - Quintas Melgaço Blue Vinho Verde

Name: Quintas Melgaço Blue Vinho Verde
Region/Country: Vinho Verde, Portugal
Year: 2013
Price: $10-- Sale $5.95

Winery Review: Refreshingly crisp white wine from Portugal-- Vinho Verde is soft, light, and refreshing, and is an uncompromising and ideal wine for everyday pleasure. Its bright color and pineapple aromas are followed by citrus notes. The palate is clean and fresh. Vinho Verde is an excellent accompaniment to fish and shellfish, white meats, and salads. 

My Review: This white wine had a very bright golden color with a strong scent of apricot with a hint of pineapple. It was very smooth on the tongue and it made me salivate, which then made me want more and more. It was delicious! As it was going down my throat, it was a bit hot but it felt refreshing and the nice citrusy flavor stayed inside the mouth for a little while. I would give this wine a 90. I tried it on its own with no food this time, but I would love to pair this with fish, as suggested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment