Thursday, March 3, 2016

Tasting - Grand Cru Pinot Noir

Name: Grand Cru Pinot Noir
Region/Country: California, USA
Year: 2013
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: This ruby-colored wine has aromas of raspberry, cherry, and a hint of vanilla. Flavors of cherry and plum lead to a soft velvety finish. This wine can be enjoyed by itself. It is also an excellent accompaniment with Brie, goat cheese, and smoked salmon. Lamb shanks and pork tenderloin are a favorite main dishes to pair with this wine. 

My Review: Right away, I smelled dirt, mud, and pepper, with a hint of oak. It was very musty and peppery in the flavor and I had difficulty breathing after swallowing it. I definitely did not like this one at all. I would give this wine an 80. I tasted it on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment