Saturday, March 12, 2016

Tasting - I Basalti Soave

Name: I Basalti Soave
Region/Country: Cantina di Gambellara, Italy
Year: 2014
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: This 100% garganega is pale straw hue, crisp, and light. It has aromas of green apples and lychee, and flavors of lemons, with a bitter almond finish. It goes well with shellfish, finfish, sushi, light chicken dishes, pork, pasta with light white sauces, and even goat cheese. 

My Review: This wine was too dry for my liking. This was my second time tasting Soave. A clear green apple scent came in with the first sniff, but it left a bitterness and very strong rubbing alcohol flavor in the mouth. I tried this wine with white cheddar Cheez-its. The saltiness in the Cheez-Its brought out the fruity component in the wine, which was interesting and it was not as dried as when tasting it without anything. I would give this wine an 83. 

No comments:

Post a Comment