Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tasting - Oasis del Cuyo Malbec

Name: Oasis del Cuyo Malbec
Region/Country: Mendoza, Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $12-- Sale $6.95

Winery Review: Deep ruby color. Appealing red fruit nose with hints of tobacco. Medium bodied with a smooth and lush mouthfeel. Finishes dry with lasting flavors. Excellent choice for a young and fruity everyday wine. Enjoy as an aperitif or with meats and pasta dishes. 

My Review: This wine emitted a strong nail polish remover scent. It gave a punch on the nose, as well as on the palate and it left my throat on fire on the finish. There was a hint of green pepper on the palate with bitterness. It was quite dry but the finish was pleasant. I would give this red an 86. I tasted it on its own with no food, but I would love to pair it with a dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment