Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tasting - El Cortijillo Verdejo

Name: El Cortijillo Verdejo
Region/Country: La Monacha, Spain
Year: 2014
Price: $5.95

Winery Review: Golden straw color. Bright, attractive, tropical aromas of crème brûlée and fruit tart with a silky, bright, dry-yet-fruity light-to-medium body and a smooth, intriguing, snappy lime and apple finish with crunchy, fruit tannins and light oak. A super smooth and pure white sipper. 90 points-- Beverage Testing Institute. 

My Review: The golden color was very appealing to me, but the flavor was pretty disappointing, as there was not much fruity component in this white wine. There was a hint of spiciness and I tasted a bit of oak toward the finish. I would give this wine an 83. I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment