Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tasting - Jip Jip Rocks Shiraz/ Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Jip Jip Rocks Shiraz/ Cabernet Sauvignon
Region/Country: Padthaway, Australia
Year: N/A
Price: $19-- Sale $8.95

Winery Review: This red wine is a well above average effort with lots of flavor as well as Australia's so easily obtainable, lush fruit. The 2013 Shiraz/ Cabernet Sauvignon (55% and 45% respectively) exhibits a dark ruby/ purple hue along with a layered, peppery, berry fruit-scented nose revealing licorice and meaty notes. From a much lighter vintage, it is a supple, easygoing red enjoy now and over the next several years. 

My Review: This red was filled with soy sauce aroma and flavor. It was very dark in color and the oakiness left my mouth feel very dried. It was very much tannic and I would think that it would go well with a meal. I tasted this on its own with no food this time. I would give this red an 84. 

No comments:

Post a Comment