Saturday, April 9, 2016

Tasting - Fetzer Gewürztraminer

Name: Fetzer Gewürztraminer
Region/Country: California, USA
Year: 2014
Price: $12-- Sale $8.95

Winery Review: A rainy minerality on the nose of this sweet wine manages to cut through the sugared oranges, honeysuckle, and ripe, tropical white fleshed fruit, from peach to cherimoya. The palate is full of honeyed apples, white peach, and pineapple, but the decent acidity and chalky element stops it short of treacly. 

My Review: This sparkly, sweet wine was filled with tropical fruit on the nose with honeysuckle. Although its nose was great and very refreshing, it was too sweet for my liking. I did enjoy the peachy aspect on the pallet though. I would give this wine an 85. I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment