Saturday, April 9, 2016

Tasting - Mapreco Vinho Verde Rosé

Name: Mapreco Vinho Verde Rosé
Region/Country: Vinho Verde, Portugal
Year: 2015
Price: $10-- Sale $7.95

Winery Review: The cherry color reveals a slightly fizzy wine that is a very fruitful rosé made from the traditional vinho verde white grapes. Adding a splash of red to offer flavors with notes of strawberry, cherry, and berries. A delightful twist on the original. 

My Review: This rosé was quite sparkly, which was not what I was expecting when I first sipped it. It had a nice, fruity aroma and it reminded me of grapefruit sparkly juice. It was refreshing and I liked its smoothness inside the mouth. I would give this wine an 88. I tried it on its own with no food. I wonder what type of dish would pair well with this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment