Thursday, January 28, 2016

Tasting - Rosemount Chardonnay

Name: Rosemount Chardonnay
Region/Country: South Australia 
Year: 2013
Price: $10-- Sale $5.95

Winery Review: This world-renowned wine shows peachy tropical fruit and melon characters on the nose, with a hint of citrus freshness and judicious use of oak. The palate is generous and soft with full, ripe tropical flavors folded into a creamy backdrop that is beautifully structured with a long satisfying finish.

My Review: This wine was definitely stronger than the Sauvignon Blanc (La Lejania, Chile 2015) that I tasted immediately prior to this one. There was a kick on the tongue as soon as it entered the mouth. Although I tasted some kind of fruity flavor, it was fairly bitter. I would give this wine an 85. I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment