Thursday, January 28, 2016

Tasting - Purple Paws Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Purple Paws Cabernet Sauvignon 
Region/Country: Lodi, California 
Year: Non Vintage 
Price: $15-- Sale $7.95

Winery Review: If a Cabernet can be smooth and creamy, this one is. It offers plenty of fruit flavor, smooth tannins that coat the mouth in a good way, plus a plush texture that keeps it from being even a bit harsh. With light body, a soft mouthfeel and lingering finish, there’s much to like.

My Review: It had a very nice fruity smell but it was not quite the same once it was in the mouth. It was very peppery and although it was smooth to an extent, my mouth felt very much dry afterwards. This is not what I had expected after reading the winery review. I would give this wine an 83. I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment